Thursday 29 May 2008

Hit a milestone

It's half past midnight and I just finished as much of my Sharps script as I think I can do before I pass out for feedback. It's down to 35 pages just. I tweaked a couple of descriptions into a single paragraph to squeeze in Fade Out.

As I wrote the thing I fluctuated between worrying there wasn't enough in there to make a 30min script to panicking that there was too much and I'd have to bin so much it wouldn't make sense.

Now I worry it is going to be confusing to others reading it. Or it is emotionally all one note. Or I've missed some huge holes. Or it's just plain boring. I think I've been working on it too long without a break.

Still I've hit one milestone. Now for humiliation and tears. Ooops I mean feedback. Those that said they were happy to read or swapsy, watch out. It's coming your way. After I've had some sleep that is.

6 comments:

potdoll said...

hope the feedback is useful and positive :)

Caroline said...

Congratulations on getting a first draft finished! I'm hoping to have my first draft completed by the end of the weekend but it's been really tough :(

I'd be delighted to swap if you're not already fully committed. Could feedback fairly quickly I think.

Caroline

Rachael Howard said...

Thanks Potdoll. I'm sure it will be. Even if they only say ?!?

Glad you're free Caroline. I'll wing it your way tonight. And of course kick yours my way whenever you are ready.

Rachael Howard said...

Oh and why does 30mins seem so much harder than 90mins?

I started out thinking no problem but got too ambitious and ended up binning whole scenes and restructuring to keep the length down.

Colin McBride said...

Congrats on getting a first draft done. I must admit I'm really struggling with this one but will hopefully have something first drafty by Saturday. I didn't think it would be difficult to fill 30 odd pages but I've found it hard. I don't think not really being a fan of medical/health dramas has really helped...

Rachael Howard said...

Hope it goes well Colin. I start my next draft tonight. If I'm not too knackered.